I rang in the new year with a wonderful group of kind, beautiful people and the next morning I made a handful of simple, straightforward resolutions that will hopefully carry on with me for the rest of my life.
- Make something every day. I have a studio in my house now! It's the second day of the year and I've already made two batches of solid perfume, a ring, and a video tutorial.
- Continually strive to be a better person. We should all do this!
- Make more time for friends. I have so many people that I adore that I never see because of my schedule. I've planned monthly dinner parties with everyone who lives in my building, and I'm also hosting a few gatherings with themes to be determined.
- Learn to travel light, and travel often. Not just in regards to how much I pack, but in how much I spend while I'm traveling. My whole trip to New Orleans was around $150 including my plane ticket, and I used my dog-sitting money from the weekend before so it didn't even make a dent. Now I'd like to stretch a small budget to an entire weekend trip instead of just one night!
- Put up with less bullshit. This means not wasting energy on things that just don't fucking MATTER. I'm doing my thing, it makes me happy, and I'm not going to waste time on people or things that aren't important or don't positively contribute to my life.
- Do and wear the things that make me feel good about myself, and get embarrassed less often. I have a crooked smile and a closet full of dresses I've never worn in public, and 2016 is gonna see a whole lot of me wearing both, facial nerve damage and sequin collection be damned.
So in general, the idea is to not be shitty and to try to loosen up a bit. What are your resolutions?